Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas! (okay, I'm sorta late.....)

Anyway, Christmas was great. Yesterday went really well. My family read the Christmas Story from Luke like we always do....and then we opened the gifts. My brothers liked the quilts, so I was happy about that. And my parents liked their gifts too. So I was happy about that too,LOL. And I'll just list everything I got. Kay: A hot chocolate kit thingymabob shaped in a cone (you know, layers of hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, and chocolate chips), a dog purse (I know, VERY unique..and I LOVE it!) a blender, a beanie hat, a couple of pairs of gloves, a pair of baby phat jeans with a matching shirt, a sweat suit, a few personal things, a picture frame, shoes, and last but DEFINATELY not least, a diamond ring! So yeah. And then we had company over...and I felt really bad because here I was trying to be somewhat of a "mentor" or example for two girls (8 & 11 year-olds) and..okay, I'll just explain. So these girls' parents don't let them wear really dark or really bright nail polish, so I tried to convince them that "really dark and really bright colors are bad". The youngest wouldn't buy that. She saw my nails, which have nail polish on them that's so dark, it's like almost black. So as I was trying to convince her that this mail polish that sorta blended in with her skin was "really pretty", she was like, "I can't see it! I like that color (pointing to my nails). Do you have any more of THAT color?" I was like, "Um....not alot." Talk about feeling like a hypocrite. And then the 11-year old was talking about clothes and stuff and...okay, obviously if you have on a sweatshirt, you can give a big speech about how the fashion industry is SO BAD and look like you're SO MODEST. Yeah, I felt like a REAL hypocrite sorta. Sigh. Tisk tisk to me. And then I ended up staying up until midnight. And this morning I chopped 3 pairs of pants because I'm just sick of them all being so long. And...yeah. So anyway, all in all Christmas was pretty good. So... do any of you guys have special New Year's resolutions? Later,
sweetggirl

12 comments:

madscientist said...

yah, I hate trying to be a hypocritical mentor....its hard. And I have had to b4! No, I dont have any resolutions....i dont think iv ever made any...

pianochick_92 said...

Yeah, it's like...you feel REALLY stupid after you give a whole speech...and sort of feel convicted by your own speech...but yeah. I guess that you probably ALWAYS hafta be a mentor with your siblings.....whereas I only have to once in a while with little kids that come over...but it's all bad. And aw, come on, no New Year's resolutions,LOL? That's all good.

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had fun. I'll probably make my usual New Years resolution to eat less. hopefully this time it'll last more than 12 hours, lol

pianochick_92 said...

No, Susie, you are perfect! I had to laugh though..."hopefully this time it'll last more than 12 hours."

madscientist said...

lol, i dont think anybody reading these blogs needs to eat less!!! this coming from a guy!! UR ALL FINE!!! lol and no, i never make them cause they dont last. Id rather not make a promise that im gonna break!! :D

Anonymous said...

thanks, guys

madscientist said...

so suzie, when r u gonna make a blog? ur on here so much, u should!!

pianochick_92 said...

yeah, I agree with Andrew, Susie. You definately shoold. :)

Anonymous said...

hmmm, i know if i made one i would be spending way too much time on the computer. i already do spend tons of time just reading your blogs! plus i don't even know how to make one, and my mom probably wouldn't want me to but okay i'll think about it....

Anonymous said...

hmmm, i know if i made one i would be spending way too much time on the computer. i already do spend tons of time just reading your blogs! plus i don't even know how to make one, and my mom probably wouldn't want me to but okay i'll think about it....

Anonymous said...

sorry, didn't mean for that to post twice

lizz said...

Susie, you don't need to start a blog. I wouldn't. Too much work, plus, I don't feel comfortable with everyone knowing my personal life. No affence bloggers. I like reading them though. Let others do the work. THat is what I think