Thursday, December 6, 2007

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS

I'm about to write out my English assignment...which was.....to write a couple of journal entries and "publish" them. I'm supposed to have friends critique my lack of skills,LOL. It took me a while to find appropriate entries,LOL, (and I'm gonna edit one of the names,LOL, but here they are ....Okay, here goes nothing.


Dear Diary, 11-14-07
Today is my birthday. Yup, I'm fifteen. Wow. Nope, I don't feel any different. But, I must admit, mom and dad made today a pretty awesome day for me. Okay, so first, I woke up, got showered & dressed, blah blah. THEN, I went to Target an got my pictures taken! It was fun. Then, HUGE surprise. Mom & dad took me to Schmitt music to pick out a piano! Yes, they did! I still can't believe it. Honestly, I don't think I even will until I'm playing on that grand piano daily! See, they started driving past Hudson. So then I thought that we were going shopping in Woodbury. We drove past Woodbury. Then I thought that maybe we were going to the Mall of America. Nope, we passed 494. Then I thought that we might be going to the mall in White Bear Lake. We passed that exit. Then I thought that maybe we were going to the Roseville mall. In fact, I was positive. Then we drove past that exit. Then I thought that MAYBE we were going to the Albertville mall. But we got off at the Brooklyn Park exit. So then I figured we were going to Schmitt music, but that didn't totally make sense to me because mom asked me what we were going to do for my birthday since the piano thing wouldn't work out. So, we went. And after mom and dad consulted with my piano teacher, they concluded that they would get a six-foot seven-inch Kawai. So yeah. Then we came home and had pepper steak with rice, and my chocolate ice-cream cake and watched ratatouille. Aaron bought me a robe (which was $40.00....he left the price tag on,LOL). I got a TON of Happy Birthday wishes from friends on my facebook. Sigh. Josh said I'm officially a teenager in his book and apparently sent me a gift in the mail which is REALLY kind. I must admit, I have a great family that I wouldn't trade for 1,000 friends. I love my family. I'm tired. So, tonight, I'll sleep with my stuffed dog Rags & sleep with a nightlight like I have for the last 8 years. This has been a GREAT birthday. Thank the Lord for another year to live without serious health ailments. Thi has been such a wonderful day. Happy Birthday to me! Later,
Rachel



Dear Diary, Tuesday, 12-4-07

I know, I know. I haven't written since Saturday! How can I survive? Well, the past three days (specifically today) have been oddly wonderful. Or rather eventful. Okay, first off Sunday. I DID end up going to Lavitia's party! Yay! It was sorta awkward though. First off, Lavitia's mom asked my mom to chop onions. I mean, seriously, who does that? Secondly, Lavitia's mom forgot to go buy pop. So she asked mom to run to the store with Laura to get it. Again, like seriously, who does that? If you don't have it, you just forget about it. Finally, her mom flew out her best friends from Florida. Yeah, I would say it again, but you get my point. AWKWARD! Okay, then yesterday. Dr. Whopaskot is going to sign me up for the competition. She thinks I'll have a good chance of doing well. And of course Aaron's birthday was yesterday. I bought him a hair clipper set. And then today....oh gosh. Okay, so you know how mom and dad get all freaked out about leaving me home alone? Well, now I can see why. Kay, so first off, as I'm practicing piano, Aaron calls. The phone rings once and stops. I HATE it when that happens. Especially when I'm home alone. So I called him back, and he hung up right away. So I was sorta freaked. Then, I start playing the piano again. Now, this mad man starts ringing the doorbell. I don't answer. He rings it again. I still don't answer and I actually stop practicing piano. Then he actually pounds on the door. Then I sneak into the pantry and hide in there for about 5 minutes. After he continues to pound on the door, I get the courage (and DEFINATELY courage from the Lord) to go into the kitchen and grab the phone. I called mom and as soon as I called her, this crazy man yells, "Open the door!" and something else too mumbled for me to hear. So I hang up and run in the basement (which is odd since I used to be freaked about the basement). I hid in a little corner and called mom again. I told her what was going on and she told me to call 911. So I did. The dispatcher was really nice. As soon as he said hello, I was like, "Hi, I'm a 15 year old and I'm home alone and there's a man....I think it's a man...pounding on the front door and I'm really scared." He asked for the address, homw phone (which he probably already had), my full name and date of birthday. Then he repeatedly told me not to lose him and tried to have a common friendly conversation with me. I ended up linking a 3-way phone call with him & dad. So the sheriff came, and he was REALLY nice. And long storry short, after the wobbly knees and prayers, I'm alright. Well, I'm pretty tired. Later,
Rachel


Okay, I'm done. :)

3 comments:

Sola Gratia said...

Wow. Man, you should have just gotten the assault rifle out. That would have stopped him ;)

lizz said...

Um, I don't what to say. Better grammer?

pianochick_92 said...

LOL, okay. I'll try to work that into my diary entries,LOL. And I'll post something that's actually cool,LOL.