Wednesday, December 19, 2007

After four and a half hours of sleep....

I am still alive. Yes, I was going to go to bed at nine knowing. Then it delayed to like 10. Then eleven.....then I got stuck in the middle of reading this book called "Burnt Orange" by Melody Carlson....it's really interesting...I ALWAYS get addicted to those books. Anyway, so I ended up falling asleep at about 1:30 and my mom woke me up at around 5:45. We went early-bird shopping. It was pretty fun....but I hafta admit I was dissapointed in myself...I mean, okay, I went thinking that I'd spend like all of my money on getting my dad a really nice Christmas gift (and okay, his gift was pretty nice....a pair of cross-training shoes....is that a cool gift for a dad?) And so after going to three stores, finally I just gave up looking for a gift for him (okay, so I gave up after the first five minutes at the first store....oops...?) and decided to search out clothes for myself. I know, how selfish. I'm a lil grinch. So...I ended up spending part of my money on myself. And I kept thinking about how I'm SUPPOSED to be a cheerful giver.....and to a degree I am, but I couldn't believe how sidetracked I got looking at stuff for MYSELF. I mean, I bet I spent like at LEAST half of the time looking for stuff for me. But hey, I got my mom another gift (a purse...my first one was a pair of white gold earrings...brownie points please?). So anyway, I ended up getting the rest of my Christmas shopping done and getting a couple pairs of shorts and a REALLY cute pair of sandals too. Then my piano teacher DID come over today. It was sorta awkward though. Okay, REALLY awkward. She finished the lesson that she couldn't complete on Monday and...it's just awkward having parents there listening to the lesson,LOL. Anyway, there isn't much else to write about...OH! I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to wheat bc after eating spaghetti for lunch today, I broke out AGAIN (wheat is in the noodles...).Sigh. K, Later,
sweetggirl

4 comments:

madscientist said...

There's nothing wrong with spending money on yourself! I felt the same way tho...i was planning on spending tonz on everyone, but that kinda changed....oops! oh well. Im really sorry that ur allergic to Wheat! that is so bad:(
Just remember, God gives strength!!

pianochick_92 said...

Okay...well, yeah, but I just felt like REALLY guilty bc...okay, IDK why,LOL...and as far as the wheat thing, I'm pretty sure that I'll just eat it until I die from it,LOL.....IDK. But thanks for the encouragement! Now I don't feel guilty,LOL.

Anonymous said...

You did better than me shopping for your parents. I got my dad...a can of...peanuts.i know, LAME! And for my mom i got...scrubs, to wear to work, like she even needs any more! but i got her a candle too so that's a little better.

pianochick_92 said...

Yeah, well, I know how you feel Susie! It's like you seriously don't know what to get ANYONE! I mean, I'm so bad at gifts...before I've resorted to socks...LOL