Monday, December 10, 2007

sigh

Well, today has been okay. I guess. Other than dealing with this lame headache and getting a needle stuck in my hand while I was quilting. Sigh. But hey, I'm almost done with my brother's quilts....(I hope that they don't know about this blog...I'd cry if they found out before CHristmas that I made them quilts,LOL). So yeah. Piano lessons went well. Anyway, I am writing a story for a scholarship. I just started it last night (at like midnight,LOL) and I just wanna know what you guys think. I'll post like the first page. Later,
sweetggirl

“Number 5879401, may I please take your order?” Groan. Excuse me, but I was actually born with a NAME. When I look at my birth certificate, I see a NAME. Not when I look at my I.T., also known as my identification tracker. No, when I look on that card, there is simply a number and my thumbprint under my picture. Whatever.
“Yeah, Hi, I’ll take the.....whatever the fish combos USED to be called.” After ten years of this stupid electronic waiter-service, you’d think I’d have this down. Sigh. “You mean, KF729? Correct? Please say ‘YES’, or ‘NO’.” Sigh. Times have changed so dramatically in the past ten years. “Ummm....I don’t really know. Fish combo?” “Sorry, I could not understand your request. You mean, V831? Correct? Please say ‘YES’, or ‘NO’.” Ugh! Like seriously, WHY do robots and computers do EVERYTHING nowadays? I want REAL customer service with REAL people helping me. Can I make THAT my order?
“Yeah, give me the stupid V831.” “Sorry, I still could not understand your request. Please repeat your request.” What the heck? I still could not understand YOUR MOM. Give me a break. “Yes, V831.” “Please fly ahead. Thank you for stopping at Marci’s Metallic Meals.” Sigh. FLYING ahead. And yes, these meals TASTE metallic just like the name of the restaurant says. And ugh! This is VEGAN?! I HATE VEGAN STUFF! If only I could get my hands on whoever had the “bright” idea to replace meat with soy because it’s “leaner”, they’d wish they would’ve never been born. Obviously it’s lean! I mean, no duh! Like seriously, ANY plant will be leaner than meat. It’s ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. So who am I to be complaining so much? I am Latanya Korentine, also known as number 5879401. I am sort of “grounded” by the government. Okay, I’m not grounded in the sense that I can only stay on the ground. No, I can still fly my air shuttle legally. But for the next three years, I will not receive any of the top-secret information that the government has. Or at least the new information that those who work
for the government like I used to have. So why did I get fired? Well, according to the law (or government, because they’ve decided to throw out the law, claiming that it is too “old-fashioned” just like religion....not realizing that they’ve created their own religion by throwing out religion), I am a criminal. My crime? I don’t think like everybody else. I don’t act like everybody else. My biggest crime? I think that what the government is doing is wrong, Of course, they can NEVER be wrong. They just twist the law in whatever way they want to. And if that doesn’t work, they say that it doesn’t mean what it says. Like that makes sense? Nu-uh. I am NOT dumb. If a package of pens says that the pens are royal blue, it better mean what it says. If I pull a red pen out of that package, I’m getting my money back. If a sign says, “DANGER: RADIATION”, I will say that the sign means what it ways. I will not go into the radiation area to see what happens to me. To see if the sign means what it says. Again, I am NOT dumb. The law means what it says. Or at least it DID when the Constitution was signed. Although I’m not sure now that ANYTHING means what is says. Or for that matter, if ANYONE means what they say.

5 comments:

Sola Gratia said...

Wow. Rachel, you have a serious Orwellian bent! ;) This looks to be shaping up like the next "1984." ;)

pianochick_92 said...

LOL, yeah, I guess that I sorta have an Orwellian bent,LOL.

madscientist said...

lol, thats what i was thinking...but it sounds good so far!

Anonymous said...

wish i knew how to quilt! ;)

pianochick_92 said...

Thanks....:)