Saturday, June 16, 2007

This will probably be my last post until August...sniffle sniffle

Wow. Well, I guess that I'll write MOST of what I have to say right now bc today is gonna be REALLY busy. I'm like excited and sad at the same time. I'm totally gonna miss Samson (sniffle sniffle). And....yeah, I'm gonna miss everything else too. At the same time, I'm excited because I know that I'm gonna learn A TON while I'm at camp. I'm also really excited about taking the choral elective. I love to sing and....wow. It'll be really cool. And then I looked at my schedule again. Even without extra practice time, I'll be playing for FIVE HOURS A DAY! I know that I'm probably not going to be able to get on the computer very much when I get home because my hands will be SO SORE,LOL. And then of course meeting SO MANY new people from across the world will be SO EXCITING!! But I'll need alot of prayer bc I know that I'm going to be engulfed in a secular environment and....I always have such a difficult time NOT compromising. It seems like alot of the time I care more about pleasing people than pleasing God. And I can't be like that. My focus while at camp HAS to be to honor and glorify Christ. So......I guess that that's my last post. Oh wait, I have a verse to post too:
This is in Ecclesiastes 3:
To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted; A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up; A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing; A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away; A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak; A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace.

Going to camp this summer will be one very special and unique season of my life. Later,
sweetggirl

5 comments:

Your Conscience said...

sounds like you are going to be busy! i dont know if i could play for five hours straight... but then again you have had a LOT mor experience than i have. what is it that you are learning that is going to take so many long hours of practice?! i also didnt know that this was an international thing... that could make thing a lot more exciting! sounds like the list of friends (that has already been set at around thirty during the course of the school year) is going to be significantly longer than it ever has been. it also sounds like it could be a very good time to share your faith. you should maybe start thinking about how to give you testimony, like we learned while the upperclassmen were at the sumposium. be on you gaurd to lean on God and NOT to conform to this world, and try to avoid people who you think could damageyou walk with God, because God is the most iportant thing in your life. Period. remember not to completely iscolate yourself from those people, bacause God wants us to be lights to the world.
i will be praying for you.
Adam

Your Conscience said...

and TRY not to comform... LOL

pianochick_92 said...

Thanx Adam. That's really encouraging

madscientist said...

wow... i must have been typing too fast... that was full os typos:-P

Your Conscience said...

that mad sci comment was actually me.