Monday, March 3, 2008

Another prayer....

I heard this prayer on a message online today. I'm not sure who wrote it, but it was some saint. And right now, I'm pretty...not really sad, or down, or happy but.....I guess content. And this prayer is definately a quote for me to keep in mind. I might even write it on my wall,LOL. Here it is:

Lord, high and holy, meek and lowly, Thou hast brought me to the valley of vision, where I live in the depths but see Thee in the heights; hemmed in by mountains of sin I behold Thy glory. Let me learn by paradox that the way down is the way up, that to be low is to be high, that the broken heart is the healed heart, that the contrite spirit is the rejoicing spirit, that the repenting soul is the victorious soul, that to have nothing is to possess all, that to bear the cross is to wear the crown, that to give is to receive, that the valley is the place of vision. Lord, in the daytime stars can be seen from deepest wells, and the deeper the wells the brighter Thy stars shine; let me find Thy light in my darkness, Thy life in my death, Thy joy in my sorrow, Thy grace in my sin, Thy riches in my poverty, and Thy glory in my valley.

Also, a few days ago, I came across this verse in Proverbs, and it really inspired me. Mainly because it gets REALLY annoying hearing people (whether at the Conservatory, or friends from Interlochen, or whoever) constantly BRAG about how good they are at music or art or whatever else. Or...maybe it's not even verbally bragging, but...they carry this huge pride chip around on their shoulders. And it's VERY evident. Like...sometimes actions speak louder than words. And the verse (Proverbs 27:2) says this, "Let another man praise you and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips." And I guess that this is definately a prayer for me, because I pray that the Lord will forever keep me from bragging about anything, whether it be grades, or music, or whatever else. Because whatever I have is only a gift from the Lord. Like Galations 6:14 says, "But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Later,
sweetggirl

1 comment:

savedbyHisgrace11 said...

Good stuff Rach. Good stuff.