Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

Well, the WMTA competition went well. I did get three fives, but I won't know whether or not I failed the theory test until next week...probably on Monday or Tuesday. If I fail this year...I'm dead. Mainly because this would be the third time it happened....and I have no excuse this year because I had an intense theory course at Interlochen. But hey, I did my best...and my best is all that I can give. And if I don't make it to state, I'll still have on more competition left, which is the Schubert Club competition. And I have almost NO chance at that. There are LOTS of people who play those CRAZY Rachmaninoff concertos or whatever. But I'm sorta glad that competition season is almost over because I am going to get to start on new pieces; hopefully ones that I'll use for my Conservatory auditions. Speaking of which, I THINK that I have narrowed down the top four Conservatories I want to go to; either Oberlin (1) Eastman (2) Julliard (3) or Trinity College of Music in London (4). And I've SORTA thought about going to the Conservatoire de Paris, but I don't know ANY French and I'd have to try and cram French 1 and 2 in my school year next year AND pass a literacy test. The positive thing is that at the Conservatoire, you have to pass a French literacy test....so...I don't rly know if I should even consider that. Anyway....Josh has been home this week so it's been nice having him around and stuff. And today we WERE gonna have company over, but at the last minute they cancelled :(. And I had spent FIVE HOURS trying to get everything ready!!! *sigh* So tis life. Anyway, today IS Good Friday, so hopefully even if we won't have company, my fam will sing hymns or SOMETHING Good Friday-y-ish. Later,
sweetggirl

5 comments:

lizz said...

You are actually considering moving all the way the London. Yikes!

madscientist said...

yeah....wow! the farthest i thought about moviung for school was georgia!! but if thats where u get the best education in music, then its prolly the best plan for u!!

Anonymous said...

i bet you did fine on the test. that would be so exciting if you could go to school in london or paris! I would give anything to go there! good luck

Sola Gratia said...

Well, I was offered an adjunct proffesorship at the University of Mars, but I declined....

pianochick_92 said...

Yeah, I am considering London and I know it's far away, and my parents aren't really convinced....when I hinted towards it and told my dad, "Um, I've sorta changed my mind," he was like, "Let me guess. You and mom are going to Egypt and you're gonna climb the pyramids. Have fun!" So yeah....and Mos, why in the world would you turn down a professorship at the University of Mars?! What an honor!! :p