Monday, March 31, 2008

So tis life.....

Well, lately I've been battling a miserable cold...and hope and pray that I'm on the mend. Last week I couldn't do anything during spring break because I was sick. I was PLANNING on doing something fun like going to a concert and then Mall of America, but ended up getting REALLY sick the night before. And then Saturday, I WAS gonna go see a movie but I was still too sick....and it didn't help going to a lame booksale and getting out in the cold. Oh well. I'm thankful that I started to feel a whole lot better this afternoon. Anyway, this Saturday I have another piano competition. I am sorta nervous though because I forgot what pieces I'm supposed to play, and decided to call the Schubert Club to ask them. They kindly told me what pieces I was supposed to play, and they are totally different than what I was THINKING I would be playing. And worse yet, the only piece I'm really comfortable with I'm not even playing! So I'm playing three pieces that I've only been playing off and on for six months. Not a totally good idea for a major competition,LOL. But I THINK this will be my second to last competition because I highly doubt that I will qualify for the final competition. And I didn't get the guts to talk to my teacher.....yet. But I think I will next week. I'm gonna record three more of my pieces on Wednesday, and that will be the culmination of my pieces for this year as far as lessons go.My teacher just told me to keep practicing them for the Badger state competition. And then I'm also excited because my mom and I are going to try to get out and do some Conservatory visits this spring!! Anyway, this is getting long. Later,
sweetggirl

1 comment:

Sola Gratia said...

Aaaw, well, I hope your competition goes well!