Friday, March 14, 2008

Ah, spring!

Well I've been extremely busy this week, but it's all good because I LOVE BEING BUSY! On Sunday, we had company over. I talked to this lady who's 21 and went to college at 16 as well, except she went in Canada. I obviously chatted with her because I'm Lord-willing gonna be doing exactly what she did. She is from the UK and didn't say whether or not I should go to the UK for Conservatory training or not. She said that I should really pray about it all and see where the Lord leads. She reminded me that the best place to be is where the Lord wants me. However, after talking to her, I think that I am leaning more toward staying in the US and stuff. Also, I read this quote by Edmund Burke that says. "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." And it really convicted me. Like...how easy it is to just think I want to go to the UK in HOPES that it will be better and how I'm so hesitant to stay in the U.S. And I really want to be like Isaiah who said, "Here I am Lord! Send me!" But it takes alot of faith to be able to do that. Faith that can only be granted by the Lord. So often, it's like I wanna pray, "Here I am Lord! Now send me where I want to go!" instead. Anyway....then I ended up having alot of sewing material cut by an 8-yr-old. Sigh. I left the room and came back only to see her chopping up a BUNCH of sewing material. I was like, *GASP*"GabriELLE! WHAT are you DOING?!" She was like, "Cutting thread. Danny wants to sew." *Sigh* Sewin' material ain't exactly thread,LOL. So now I have ruined sewing...scraps I guess. Anyway, then Tuesday I played at the hospital. Wednesday I had rep class and piano lessons. Yesterday I had trio practice and I went to Mall of America and went to see the winners of the Thursday Musical afterwards. Then on Saturday, I have two competitions. The WMTA-Badger State Auditions and a competition at Northwestern in the afternoon. I'm really praying that I'll pass the theory test this year. That's what's held me back these past two years. It's like...I can't make it to state because I REALLY stink at theory,LOL. Speaking of which...I need to study for it. Later,
sweetggirl

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO! all that ruined sewing material! i hope you do good in WMTA. I'm kinda nervous about it especially the theory test.

lizz said...

So, how did it go Rachel? Both competitions

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Peacefinger said...

RACHEL! I publish two music video (doozies, I may add) and add songs to my playlist, and what do you do? You completely ignore me, that's what. As part of my three-person audience, you must fulfill your duty to check out my posts, such as they are. I-- I'm starting to feel so alone.... *sniff*

P.S. Hope the WMTA went WELL (not GOOD, Susan R.)
P.P.S. LOL
P.P.P.S. JK
P.P.P.P.S. Look at the stuff though.
P.P.P.P.P.S. What's with those two spam comments?

Anonymous said...

whatever, Abe!

pianochick_92 said...

Ahaha! ROTFLMBO! Abe, your comments made my day! And I have NO idea what is up with those two posts...I don't know a multifunctional or a wireless.....hm...anyway, I'll check out ur blog Abe!