Saturday, February 23, 2008

An inspiring prayer

Yesterday, I was feeling a bit down, so out of sheer....well, frustration I guess, I went ballistic and started writing on my wall with chalk. I found myself writing Psalm 139:13,"I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Thy works and that my soul knoweth right well." It's like....at points, it's hard for me to realize that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Like...I forget that the Lord created me how He wanted to make me or something. And...when I complain, basically I'm shouting out to the Lord, "Hey, I don't like the way You made me. Now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to make myself look different.", rather than, "Lord, I will PRAISE You because You have made me wonderfully." or something like that. And I also wrote the fighter verse of my life, Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Then, I thought about an inspiring prayer I read about while looking for diaries on Thursday, hence the title of my post. I think it's sorta sad that it's known for alchoholic recovery people. I think it is very inspiring for everybody. It is also known as the Serenity Prayer, and I wrote it on my wall. It goes like this:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with HimForever in the next.Amen.

And then on Friday I played at Hope Academy in Minneapolis. It went REALLY well! And I really enjoyed it. Apparently, the kids did too, which made me really happy. One girl was like, "If you become famous, will you remember me? My name is.....*I forgot her name*" but it was SO SWEET! And if some lady ever comes up to me thirty years from now IF the Lord works it out where I am a concert pianist and asks me do I remember her, I WILL. I mean, I remember her face...just not her name. Anyway, that was encouraging. Well, this is long. Later,

2 comments:

savedbyHisgrace11 said...

Haha:) That's cool with the girl Rach and that's a very encouraging prayer. Have a good night sleep. Stay faithful to Him and everything will be just fine. Love you. In Christ, Josh

Anonymous said...

good prayer, and the thing about the little girl was sooo cool! I would love it if that happened to me!