Saturday, February 9, 2008

.........Title.........?

Well, the concert on Thursday went surprisingly well! And I was really thankful for that. Although the harpsichord was still SO WEIRD. The main keys were black, and the sharps/flats were white! So yeah, then we went out to eat at the St. Paul Grill which was pretty awesome. And I was able to get to know the people in the Baroque Ensemble at the Conservatory which was really cool. So yeah. And then on Thursday, I was reading my daily reading thingy from my daily Bible and Psalm 19:7-14 was the Psalm reading for the day(it has OT, Psalm, Proverbs, and NT readings each day). Psalm 19:7-14 really seemed to comfort me. But what struck me the most was verse 14, which says, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heard be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer." And I've heard that verse SO MANY times before, but what hit me was the fact that alot of times, the words of my mouth (or the words I type through e-mail, IM, facebook, etc.) and the meditations of my heart are NOT acceptable to the Lord. They are filled with worry, fear, anxiety, or frustration. And it also hit me that David was a person, just like me. And why else would he write that verse unless he realized that it is a CONSTANT battle to have pure thoughts, words, motives, etc.? And it IS a battle. One that's much harder than APPEARING on the outside to have pure thoughts, words, and motives. But it also brings out the fact that, as mentioned in the Bible so many other times, what is in one's heart is what really matters. Not the acts we may put on on the outside. Anyway......I'm still doing the conservatory search. I'm starting to think Julliard...but....sigh. I just don't know! And if I DIDN'T get accepted, what would I do? I mean, it's not like I can perfect 20 songs so that I'll have a portfolio to send to each conservatory! All of their requirements are different. I guess I'll just pray about it. Later,
sweetggirl

5 comments:

savedbyHisgrace11 said...

Your post is an encouragemnt to me as well Rach. Our meditations should be focused solely around Christ. When we get distracted frustration and every other problem comes. Thanks for the encouragement. Have a blessed Lord's day, Lordwilling tommorow. -Josh

Sola Gratia said...

Wow, new font! Rachel, you have such a strong faith. I would say I envy you, but that would be a sin. I'm striving to do better, then, LOL.

lizz said...

Thanks for all the inspiring posts! p.s. check your email

pianochick_92 said...

Thanks J! And Mos...and Liz,LOL.

Peacefinger said...

Harpsichords rock.