Friday, February 15, 2008

Busy busy busy....

Well, this week has been great. REALLY busy for me, but great. I FINALLY got my SAT scores back, and it went okay, thank the Lord! A little better than I thought. So yeah. And I've practiced piano A TON this week. Yesterday, I practiced 7 hours, which is my record...and I don't think I'll be breaking that record for at least a couple of years,LOL. On Tuesday, I played at the hospital again, and that is ALWAYS a joy. On Thursday, I had practice with the trio and stuff......and today I played at a new coffee house in River Falls. Well, the coffee house isn't exactly new...sorta new...I think it's been there for about 2 years or something. But it's my first time playing there...and it was GREAT! And I had this REALLY good mocha thingymabob. I asked if they had anything mocha-y-ish, and they asked if I wanted caramel, vanilla, or chocolate and....I LOVE CHOCOLATE....so I got it for the first time EVER and it was SOOOOO good. Like a dream,LOL. I mean, I've had mocha shakes, mocha milk, and made my own "mocha" stuff but NOTHING was as good as this thing. Anyway...I have my first piano competition in almost exactly two weeks and I don't even have my piece memorized yet! I've been putting it off WAY too long. But I'll pray about it. It seems like I'm ALWAYS running up to the wire on memorization of my pieces, and the Lord always comes through. Like last year....I had Clair de Lune memorized like 3 days be4 my audition at Interlochen (4 days be4 the WMTA competition) and prayed about it and the Lord came through for me! So yeah. Anyway....that's all that's new. Later,
sweetggirl

5 comments:

lizz said...

Wow, sounds like you are living and breathing piano! I hope God gives you lots of enchoragment because you sound like you need it. I would. Seven hours, unreal. (I can hardly stomach one hour.)

Sola Gratia said...

Seven hours is TOTALLY unreal. I can't even sit and do nothing for seven hours!

Peacefinger said...

During the summer I regularly squeeze in four hours, so I know how you feel. It the tips of my fingers that hurt, but I imagine it's the hands for you.

pianochick_92 said...

LOL, yeah, I am Liz...and thanx for praying for me. I really need it! And Mos, it's hard for me to sit and do nothing for 7 hours. :p Like....after I hit the three hour mark in a day, the extra hours aren't so hard to get in...well, unless I don't have the time. And Abe, you squeeze in four hours?! Gosh...wow. I can't imagine. Plus, with guitar, you're like...jumping and standing and....wow. And this is only ur first year, right? You are TOTALLY gonna be a master guitarist. But you SERIOUSLY think harpsichords are cool? :p Wow, this is long....:p

Anonymous said...

and i thought my record of 2 and a half hours was pretty good!