Wednesday, November 28, 2007

New Piano, New beginnings

Well, today my piano arrived at the house! It sounds beautiful. Really. It has such a rich tone. You could actually feel it through the floor....and my mom said it sounded like a sterio upstairs,LOL. Cool stuff, cool stuff. I absolutely love it. And for the first time in ages, when my mom wanted to sing with me, I actually agreed. It was pretty cool. I played piano and sang while my mom sang.....and then we started laughing SO HARD because it was hard for me to read the lyrics AND play piano on 'Oh, holy night', so my mom started saying the lyrics before I was supposed to sing them. I told her it sounded like gospel music. Yeah, besides singing in church, I honestly can't remember singing hymns without laughing. And today, I have SERIOUSLY been giggly....like I haven't been for about 6 months. It's funny, I'm sorta feeling like a new person. And I'm not exactly sure why. Other than the Lord is changing me during what can sometimes feel like very difficult trials. And today, as I was playing some hymns, I thought about how good the Lord has been to me. I had so much sickness as a baby and I wasn't supposed to be able to do like anything. It's ironic that although I was supposed to be deaf (not to mention the bajillion other diagnosis I had), the Lord has blessed me with the gift of music. I mean, of all things! And I'm very grateful for that. And I'm reminded of James 1:2-4 shich says,
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." Yeah. I've been very spiritually encouraged. Later,
sweetggirl

6 comments:

lizz said...

Thankyou for that post it was very enchoragaing to me. It is soo cool that you got the piano.

Sola Gratia said...

Good for you, Rachel!

Peacefinger said...

Sounds good.

pianochick_92 said...

Thanks :)

madscientist said...

yeah, we never know what the Lord has in store for us!! Im glad u like ur piano, and uhhhh yeah...

Your Conscience said...

keep playing and keep trusting! all thing work together for good for those who love God!