Thursday, July 3, 2008

The earth literally groans?

I was really intrigued by an article I read the other day about how the earth actually emits sounds that can be heard in space. I immediately thought of the verse in Romans (8:22) which says, "For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now." And perhaps it isn't speaking of literal groaning, but.....then again, perhaps it is. Anyway, I found out yesterday that I have to prepare a piece for vocal auditions at camp. So....I'm going to attempt "The Lord's Prayer". It's funny because I'm getting so side-tracked with that that piano practice got kicked to the side yesterday and today. And then I have to un-pack most of my stuff because apparently, airlines are cracking down on carry-on sizes, so....I have to put everything in a different suitcase. Anyway, this post is pretty random and I don't have anything else to write, so....Later,
Rachel

2 comments:

Sola Gratia said...

Hey, that's cool! Where was the article?

Happy Fourth!

All of us are going to miss you while you're at camp, btw.

pianochick_92 said...

Thanks Mos! The link to the article is: http://www.space.com/aol/080701-st-earth-sounds.html

And Happy Belated Fourth to you too!