Monday, July 14, 2008

15 minutes....

Okay, so I got computer access here and I'm limiting myself to 15 minutes every day. Anyway, so far, so good. Yesterday was my first full day here and it was good. On Saturday, I met another Christian girl. She's from Taiwan. It's funny because we were both talking and just staring at our food and finally she was like, "Okay, I'm gonna pray now". And I explained to her that that's why I was just staring at my food, but I didn't know how to put it really. So we've become sorta close in only a day. And I got locked in a practice room for the first time in my life yesterday. I called the RA emergency number and the guy told me to simply push the knob down, not up. *sigh* Another instance to prove that I'm a ditz. And I had my career interview yesterday too. It went well. She told me that they don't look solely for technicality, but musicality as well because technicality without musicality gets one nowhere. So that was a comfort because I know there are MANY people out there who can play absolutely insane pieces, but I guess I still feel like maybe I have a shot. And the Lord knows where I need to be too, so I shouldn't fret. The lady also advised me to go for a music education degree rather than a performance degree. She said a performance degree means absolutely nothing,but you can do other stuff with an education degree. Plus, she said it's easier to get accepted into a music education degree because not very many people go for it, and that if I'm intent on getting a performance degree, I can swap majors if I get accepted into my dream college. Anyway, it's been 15 minutes, so I better go practice!!Later,
Rachel

1 comment:

Sola Gratia said...

Hey, so you could become a piano teacher too? Cool!