Saturday, January 5, 2008

SAT stands for....Super-difficult Academic Tests

I will be taking the SAT on January 26th. I'm sorta nervous...even though it's like a month away. I mean, to a degree, I realize that the numbers don't measure my capability TOTALLY, but they do sorta determine where I can go in life. So I'm nervous about that and I will pray about it. But since I'm taking it, I'll hafta spend less time on the computer :(. I'm not too happy about that....but hey, something has to give, and it can't be piano because competition season is coming up so I have to practice, practice, practice, practice, practice....kay, you get my point. But I've been reading this book called "The Power of a Praying Tenn". It's REALLY good and really encouraging. One thing really hit me. And that is that we don't have to let our emotions control us. The chapter was talking about taking our minds captive. And usually I think of that as guarding my mind from sinful influences. But the author really hit home when she said that just because we FEEL down or depressed or fearful or whatever, we don't have to let that take control of our lives and continue to walk in depression, or fear, or anything like that. Instead we have to take it to the Lord and let him help us through those times and if we are not feeling down, depressed, or guilty because of sin in our lives, we need to ask him to take those feelings away. And I thought about the verse somewhere in Psalms, where David asks the Lord, "Restore to me the joy of my salvation." I really need to keep that verse in the front of my mind, because it is SO easy to be burdened by feelings of anxiety and whatnot for no reason inparticular. So yeah. *Stepping off of my soapbox* I'm REALLY excited though, bc tomorrow, we are going to the church that we used to go to before we moved in Minnesota, and afterwards, we are going over to a friend's house who I haven't seen in three years! I'm so excited! Plus, one of my friends from camp who is a percussionist (who aslo told me he wants to be a pastor) is performing at Carnegie Hall! I'm dead serious! Crazy stuff. Lucky guy! And then Monday, I start a new semester with school....dum dum dum dum.....Anyway, I hafta study for the SAT, so I better get going. Later,
sweetggirl

2 comments:

Sola Gratia said...

Wow...Have fun taking the SATs.

Your Conscience said...

yea...study hard! :-)