Monday, June 20, 2011

Different

Wow. I can't believe almost a month has whizzed by since my last post. :( Anyway, things are slowly but surely getting better. In the past few weeks, I've started to pray about the frustrations I'm facing, and my mindset is changing. Rather than thinking "I have SO MUCH TO DO!", I'm starting to think of this as the funnest, biggest party of my life, and I get to plan it. It totally changes my perspective. I'm also starting to feel a tad more plugged in at church, which is good. Afterall, I am marrying the pastor's son so....it'd be kinda more than depressing if I continued feeling completely like a jagged puzzle piece.But I'm realizing that a lot of the difficulty is just making time for people. When I don't make time for people when I'm busy, I can't expect them to just pop up when I'm not busy.

I'm really looking forward to being married though. Most of all, I'm looking forward to finally being able to host house parties, and Christmas parties, etc. Joe and I both have a great desire to be extremely hospitable, and I just can't wait to get the opportunity to do so. And even in my registry, all of the gifts are pretty much geared toward being a better, more organized hostess.

Anyway. As of today, I have exactly 3 months and 18 days until the wedding. My wedding. It's so insane. And so awesome. And I finally created a wedding website! Although it's not as cool as the blog, it has some nice pictures of Joe and I. The site is: http://www.weddingwire.com/josephandrachel1.

Later,
Rachel

No comments: