Saturday, February 13, 2010

Unsure

So much for keeping up with blogging weekly. *Sigh* The past couple of weeks have been pretty intense for me. The stress never stops. Anyway, to say the least, I'm seriously considering transferring colleges. I'm not totally positive, but the biggest factor is that I feel like I'm not really connecting with my current teacher, and I'm always stressed here. Like honestly, the Lord has granted me the grace to be able to put up with the sin issues, so that's not the issue. But I really want to be in an environment where I can enjoy music. And here, I honestly can't. I think it's a great college to go to if you're a music ed major. Or if you're a vocal major. But for me, I feel like music is becoming more work than enjoyment, and I've always feared that. I decided to major in music because I love it. Sure, you can "hit the jackpot" and make a lot of money if you have all the right connections. But as of right now, I'm scared that I'll graduate from here and be like the 90% of Juilliard graduates who drop music altogether after graduation because of the intense pressure they had put on them while in college. Or be in a straightjacket. But recently, because of all of the stress, I've started doing some songwriting. And as much as I abhor theory, I'm constantly learning about chord progressions which helps me with the musical side of it. But I've also started learning that to write a song, every other line of the poetry doesn't necessarily have to rhyme. It can be written more like prose, and turn out okay. Anyway, I need to finish writing out one of my application essays. And I feel like I'm having a dejavu of last spring. *sigh* Later,
Rachel

No comments: