Saturday, April 11, 2009

A light at the end of this tunnel.....

Well, the past few weeks have been very stressful for me. However, I did get word on Wednesday evening from Westminster Choir College in Princeton, NJ. And I got accepted! And it's such a blessing. Really. I also found out that one of my friends from Eastman's Music Horizons camp is going there! So it's really sweet, she's going to wait for me to figure out whether or not I'll go there before she submits her housing stuff, because if I do go there, she'll want to room with me! So that would be really awesome. And I also have an audition at Trinity International University this Friday, so I'll see how that goes. Hopefully by the end of this month, (or sooner) I'll know for sure where I'm going. But despite all of the stress, I'm sorta thankful for what the Lord's brought me through these past couple of weeks. I feel like, up until the past couple of weeks, this year has been the best year of my life. And ya know, it still IS the best year of my life, because each year, the Lord brings me something new; whether it be new trials, or new experiences which mold me to be more like Him. But it's like, this year has been somewhat of a cruise-through until the past few weeks. But the past couple of weeks (and really, the past few months) have taught me to lean on the Lord more than I probably ever have, and thus it's brought me closer to the Lord. And sure, I didn't get accepted to Oberlin (which was sorta my "dream" college), but from the time I applied until the time I found out I was rejected, I was FORCED to rely on Christ. But I'll stop rambling before I make this whole post a circular post,lol. To sum things up, I guess that my whole point of the post is that the whole truth of James 1:3 has been made clear to me this year. That trials strenghten me. And I know that more serious trials will be presented to me throughout my lifetime, but I can trust that all of the trials that I go through will strengthen my faith. I hope this post made sense,lol. Later,
Rachel

1 comment:

pianochick_92 said...

Thank you! I'm glad that you enjoy it...and I hope that my posts make sense and are encouraging. :)