Thursday, June 26, 2008

Two more weeks.....

Lately I've been busy off and on. Last weekend, my parents' friends' kids came over. And I had to watch them. I never knew watching kids could be SO TIRING! But it was all good. I've also been volunteering at the library by helping out with the pre-school reading program. It's been really enjoyable, and the kids are hilarious. One girl has basically adopted me as her mom,LOL. She actually asked me am I a mom,LOL. Only a five year old would think that I actually look older than 13,LOL. Anyway, camp starts for me in two more weeks!! And I am very excited!!! I found out who my teacher is going to be. She's a Russian pianist and she is described as "very demanding." I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, but I know for a fact that I don't work well with teachers who are really demanding and don't like you to have any say or creativity in how you play your music and force you to play just like they tell you because, of course, they're always right and you're always wrong. I have had two teachers like that and nothing can drive me up the wall more. And I'm also sorta nervous that I'll hafta be a fruit-and-salad-tarian while I'm there because I might not be able to eat anything else. But I am praying about it all because I really do want this to be a good camp and I really hope that I can learn alot. And I hope that the practice rooms aren't all taken 24/7 like they were at camp last year. I am also praying that I'll be able to be a witness while I'm there, because that must be my main focus. It's so easy for me to get caught up in trying to fit in with the crowd. Especially in a crowd where I will be one of the youngest people there (last year, they only had one 15 year old and they don't accept anyone under 15). Yet, if I go to a secular campus, which I more than likely will, I can't get caught up in pleasing people. I have to stay caught up in pleasing Christ. Anyway, I am really looking forward to this fall. Oberlin has already asked me for a picture to put on file to go with my application/audition portfolio, so that really made me excited! And I already have one of my pieces for auditions memorized, and half of the other three. Now I just have the dreaded "Bach fugue from the Well Tempered Claiver" to get started on. *Sigh* And this fall, I'll be taking five college courses unless my counselor tells me to drop one,LOL. And on top of that, I'll be taking three other highschool courses. Which really gets me excited. I love being busy. :) Well, I better go practice before I wear my hands out on the computer. Later,
Rachel

2 comments:

Sola Gratia said...

Gettem', Rach! Don't let that Rusky teacher get the better of you! Oberlin wants a picture? Weird. Seems a little biased, but there you go. What if you get in at Eastman AND Oberlin?

pianochick_92 said...

Thanks Mos, I'll TRY not to let her get the better of me, but...you know how I am,LOL. And yeah, I thought the picture thing was sorta different too, but apparently last year it was confusing and time consuming because they took pictures at the auditions and stuff, so this year they're just asking everyone to send theirs in ahead of time. And gosh, it would be a miracle if I got accepted into Eastman AND Oberlin. But if I got accepted to both, I'd almost definately go to Eastman bc there are more performance opportunities in New York I think.....but ulitmately, I'd pray about it if I got accepted into both.