Monday, June 2, 2008

Still nothing to write about.....

So here's another vid. This one is called Friend Like That by Hawk Nelson. And for Hawk Nelson, it's really really good.


Well, not much is new. I went to Georgia last week and had an awesome time until my sick little cousins decided to get all cuddly with me and pass their germs to me....but now I'm feeling alot better. I went to the Coca Cola factory while I was there, so that was pretty sweet. And I went to this thing called bootcamp 360, and they had this "competition" thing. The first excercise was running a mile. I ran it in 8 minutes and 33 seconds, and I was pretty happy with that timing because I haven't ran a mile with no break since Dokime! After that, we had the usual pushups. I did 21, and although the other guys (oh yeah, I forgot to mention it was a men's class....) got like 50-60 in 2 minutes, I was happy to get more than 2,LOL. Then there was the worm pushups. And the always dreaded lunges.And the even more dreaded frog jumps. And "cleaning the floor" which really wasn't as bad of an excercise as they made it out to be. And then there were wall squats. And I won that competition. I thought the guy said I held it for 5 minutes, but he talked to my mom and told her that I held it for over 15 minutes. But I paid for it. I could barely walk the following Saturday and Sunday. So never again will I try so hard to beat grown men,LOL. ;)And it was my first mother-daughter trip. And I think that my mom feels a little bit more comfortable traveling with me alone now. Like she was really nervous at first because she's never traveled ANYWHERE without my dad...but after I figured out the GPS system, she really wanted me in the car with her at all times,LOL. So hopefully our trip to NY in 6 weeks won't be so bad afterall. This weekend I will be busy because Aaron is graduating and has some "guests" coming from out of town, and I'm pretty excited for Aaron to graduate. He'll be getting his associate's degree, and he'll be the first grandchild on both sides of the fam to get a college degree and the first person ever on my dad's side, so I think that's pretty.....historic,LOL.Other than that, nothing is really new. Later,
Rachel

3 comments:

Peacefinger said...

I love it how you title post "Still Nothing to Write About," but then talk for at least four paragraph's worth about a week's worth events.... not something I could do. That song is probably my fave Hawk Nelson song. Which..... is not saying much at all.

Peacefinger said...

When you stretch a week into a big post like that, it makes me feel lazy. Just kidding, but it sounds like you have a much more fast-paced lifestyle than me.

Anonymous said...

I am am excited too with this question. Prompt, where I can read about it?