Saturday, April 28, 2007

Nothing new..........

Okay. So where to start? There's absolutely NOTHING to write. Hm.......k, so I have tonz of homework to do. EXCITING! NOT. Sigh. Hm........whatever, I'll just write one of my songs that I wrote last year:

Why?

Who am I? Why am I even here?
Is there anyone who can see each falling tear?
"I have the answer", is what psychiatrists will say
But they'll only give you pills, never tell you to pray
Chorus:
You are here to honor Jesus Christ your Maker
Not to be a doctor, lawyer, or even the best baker
Medicine is not the answer, nor self-esteem
The point of even breathing is to follow Christ's lead

'I hate myself', you often cry as you look at your reflection
'I'm too fat, I'm too thin', you're looking for perfection
Maybe these next few words will help you through
God doesn't look for outer but inner to make you new

'What's the point? I wanna die', you say in anger
But death won't help you, it'll only bring you danger
God's the only One who can take your burden off
Not the ones who point at you and often even scoff

1 comment:

Sola Gratia said...

Oh, my gosh, Rachel!

That song is beautiful!